CFP® Board has mandated that all CFP® candidates enrolled in a registered education program leading up to satisfying the educational requirements and those who could previously challenge the exam take a “capstone course” that teaches individuals how to formulate, draft, and present a financial plan. Keir has developed a course that will satisfy CFP Board educational requirements and will also help CFP® candidates gain the necessary skills to assist them in client practical situations.
Noted Financial Planning Fast Track instructor of 24 years, Jeff Rattiner, CPA, CFP®, MBA, RFC, leads a seven week course on understanding all of the aspects of creating a financial plan. This two-night-a-week-course highlights all of the many disciplines of financial planning and helps tie these critical topics together in an integrated and comprehensive format. Rattiner’s lively and entertaining teaching style will have you mesmerized with real life applications through various case studies. Our program will utilize a rubric as a primary avenue of learner assessment in the Financial Plan Development Course. This rubric should accurately assess all aspects of the content and experiences associated with the Financial Plan Development Course Learning Objectives.
During the first several sessions, each student will work through various case studies from Keir materials. After analyzing each case study, both individually and in groups, students will recap the facts and provide recommendations based on specific criteria. There will be two exams. The first is a multiple choice exam that covers the various case studies. The second is a live solo presentation done through You Tube that puts the term’s work to the test. Final grade is based on a combination of both exams. The class concludes with a constructive evaluation of each student’s presentation to help ensure real world success.
By attending and completing this class, students will:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the content found within the Financial Planning curriculum and effectively apply and integrate this information in the formulation of a financial plan.
- Effectively communicate the financial plan, both orally and in writing, including information based on research, peer, colleague or simulated client interaction and/or results emanating from synthesis of material.
- Collect all necessary and relevant qualitative and quantitative information required to develop a financial plan.
- Analyze personal financial situations, evaluating clients’ objectives, needs, and values to develop an appropriate strategy within the financial plan.
* Special Note: Unless your school has agreed to offer this Keir course through their program, accreditation for this course will be given through Metropolitan State College of Denver.
Choice 1: Financial Plan Development Course plus the Keir Live or Virtual Review Program for the CFP® Certification Exam
Package 1 includes Keir’s Financial Plan Development Textbook, access to a working Financial Plan Excel file and Keir’s 6 week virtual Financial Plan Development Course. Package also includes Keir’s Basic Review Package for the CFP® Certification Exam and the choice of a Live Review class at any of our given Keir instructor led locations or a Keir 5 Day Virtual Review class.
Cost: $1,650.00 BUY NOW
Choice 2: Financial Plan Development Course
Package 2 includes Financial Plan Development text and the six week online Financial Plan Development course.
Cost: $720.00 BUY NOW
|Online Financial Plan Development Course Dates: (All classes are from 6-9)|
#2: April 2013 Session - 3 hour sessions
1) April 29
2) May 6
3) May 7
4) May 13
5) May 15
6) May 20
7) May 22
8) May 28
9) May 29
10) June 3
#3: September 2013 - 3 hour sessions (moved from August start dates)
1) September 9
2) September 11
3) September 16
4) September 18
5) September 23
6) September 25
7) September 30
8) October 2
9) October 12
10) October 14